A rock chip is a pocket of air trapped in between the 2 layers of safety glass of your windshield that is created by the impact of a rock/object. The pressure created by the trapped air is what causes your windshield to crack further. Removing this air eliminates the chance of a crack-out.
Articles in this section
- What locations near me will be open today?
- Do I need an appointment to fix my windshield?
- How much does the chip repair cost ?
- My previously fixed chip has spread out, what should I do?
- How long does it take to fix the chip on my windshield?
- How much does the crack repair cost?
- Where can I find your tents?
- What are your operating hours?
- When is your operating season?
- What is a rock chip?