A crack is any chip that has extended in any direction more than an inch or so. Since chips (pockets of trapped air) are constantly under pressure, anything that adds pressure to the windshield (temperature changes, car wash, slamming the door too hard) can cause a crack-out and split your windshield in multiple directions. This interferes with the integrity of your windshield and reduces the safety of the glass. That is why it is so vital to fix your chips before they spread.
Articles in this section
- What locations near me will be open today?
- Do I need an appointment to fix my windshield?
- How much does the chip repair cost ?
- My previously fixed chip has spread out, what should I do?
- How long does it take to fix the chip on my windshield?
- How much does the crack repair cost?
- Where can I find your tents?
- What are your operating hours?
- When is your operating season?
- What is a rock chip?