Chips are pockets of trapped air caused by the impact of a rock/object. On the other hand, a “pit” is just a surface mark on the windshield left from the impact that hasn’t gotten through the first layer of safety glass. Therefore, there is no trapped air in between the safety glass layers and zero chance of it turning into a crack.
Articles in this section
- Which locations near me will be open today?
- Do I need an appointment to fix my windshield?
- How much does the chip repair cost ?
- My previously fixed chip has spread out, what should I do?
- How long does it take to fix the chip on my windshield?
- How much does the crack repair cost?
- Where can I find your tents?
- What are your operating hours?
- When is your operating season?
- What is a rock chip?